Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trappo Chocco

Brewed up a batch of a chocolate Trappist Ale with Ed this week.



Here he is cleaning the carboy, getting his swirl on.  You can see that he's worn his Battery Brewing shirt for the occasion.  You can also see he's real excited about cleaning it.  We took multiple takes to make sure we captured his smile.


I think this is the greenest I've ever seen a mid-boil hop addition.

And Ed goes and ruins it by adding dark brown to it.  He got a hold of some dark cocoa for the batch.


Sugar crystals added in order to pump up the sugar content of the beer.


And we're done...with the exception of the broken hydrometer...I can't believe I broke it...it is partially the blame of a loose cap on its holder and that Ed and I were putting a dent in the Dogfish Head Punkin' keg we acquired the week before.  We at least got the reading before I managed to break it, though I don't have the replacement one yet to check the final gravity.  I guess we'll just have to guess based on how tipsy a 6 pack makes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment