Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tampa Bay Local Finds

Always a great day when you find a hidden gem while on vacation.  Ed was just down in the Tampa area last week for a separate bachelor party Spring Training trip and got a hold of Florida Cracker by Cigar City.  I am down there this week. Not only did we find an old favorite in Cigar City Maduro, but I found the bright green can with neon pink writing of Jai Alai.  Really good taste.  Not overly hoppy, but good balance of sweetness and hoppiness for a 7.5% abv.  (Though 3 of these guys on an empty stomach and in a parking lot leaves you a bit loopy for a noon baseball game.)

I also stumbled upon a sixer of Florida Cracker and Hotter Than Helles, but with it being my second to last day, I knew I could choose only one.  I had to take Florida Cracker, knowing it would make a better beach beer.  The toughest of vacation choices.  It was heavenly.  The corriander really comes through, making it interesting and drinkable.  At 5%, I could have a couple of them and still be good to function in the sun.  Best of all, I had enough room in my luggage to sneak one of each can home.  I even got to taste some Oak Aged Jai Alai at the airport on Saint Party's day before departure.  Thank you Tampa International Airport.

This made a pleasant trip, since last time I came up short at the Publix and Sweet Bay grocery stores I was able to get at on our infrequent stops.



No comments:

Post a Comment